Dan's Golf Info

8.28.2011

EAGLE !!

Chris Rood and I, playing at The Crossings at Carlsbad. Super early in the morning, 2nd tee time (618am). First couple holes in fog. Caught foursome in front of us by the back 9, they let us pass, jammed with nobody in front. Done in 3:15

My back 9 was bad, wheels had come off, spraying drives, fat chips, etc. My Drive on #15 (par 5, 492 yards, dogleg left) was sweet, straight, directly over aiming tree. Chris' drive drifted right just barely into the (lateral) junk. His 2nd (3rd with penalty) ends just to left of green, in the rough. My drive is sitting perfectly in the middle of the fairway, 200 yards out. 4 iron to just short of the elevated green.

We're both below the hole, such that we can't see the hole, just the flag stick. Level of the green is about 5 feet above our head. Chris to the left of the green as approached, I'm straight in front. Chris goes first, chips up, hits the flag stick. Can't see where it went, take a couple steps up the slope to see that it WENT IN! Birdie.

I'm next, ask Chris to come hit mine for me. I go ahead, nice looking chip, HITS the flag stick, and GOES IN! Eagle! Birdie (only cuz of the penalty) and Eagle both on the same hole, and both hit the flag stick.

This is my "home hole", as it heads straight up towards my office at InterKnowlogy. I sit there and stare out the window at this hole all the time.

Next hole is #16, also par 5. PAR!
Next hole is #17, par 3 way downhill to a green the reaches out over a canyon to the right. BIRDIE! (tee shot ended about 10 feet straight below the hole)

Chris dominated the back 9. After par on #10, he called it: "OK Dan, I'm getting 8 more pars". Close. He birdied 15 and bogey on 18 for PAR on the back 9. Total 78 (+6).

Dan: 90 (6 penalties killed it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home