Dan's Golf Info

7.28.2009

79 !!

Encinitas Ranch with Steve Green, his dad David, and son Sebastian. This was only the 2nd time holding a club since October (other time was July 4, shot a 91).

EVEN PAR on the front 9, then a bit of a train wreck. Steve was talking me through the back 9 mentally: "if someone told you that you were 5 over with 5 left to play, you'd be stoked. Forget about how you got here, just get some pars.... middle of the fairway, middle of the green..."

Pulled up to 18 tee and Steve says "I need you to par this one". (Had a feeling he meant to break 80). Super lame drive, low burner, not very far, but plenty of time to get it back on this short par 5. Sweet 5 iron straight and far for 2nd, puts me at 145 approach to huge green. 9 iron to front middle, well below the hole. Putt up the hill to about 4 feet. Steve: "I would love to give you that one, but it's a wee bit too long." A bit of a side breaker, I SUNK IT - 79.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home